Installation Instructions |
The distributed software is a tar-gzipped file. It should be first unzipped and untarred by the command
'tar xvzf ARC.tgz'
This will produce the following 7 items in the current directory.
The source code can be compiled by the following command
- Linux-executable(32bit) version of ARC (ARC)
- Source code of ARC (ARC.c)
- Keyword Library folder containing all the 26 ascii files (Library)
- Gene Symbol Synonym folder containing all the 26 ascii files (Synonym)
- Readme file having information about how to run the program and edit the keyword library files
- Sample input file from NCBI (NC_000964.faa containing full proteome of Bacillus subtilis)
- Sample output file generated by ARC (Bacil.csv)
cc -o ARC ARC.c (Unix)
gcc -o ARC ARC.c (Linux)
The program can be executed by the command
./ARC (dot slash ARC -both for UNIX and LINUX)